In these challenging times, self-care is highly valued. It can be very heartbreaking to see the world falling before your eyes, especially during an epidemic. Stress-filled lives make it difficult to maintain a healthy work-life balance with desk jobs, long working hours, and prolonged inactivity. It seems next to impossible to maintain calm amidst the clutter. Why not just give 20-30 minutes to one of the biggest ancient sciences to get mental and physical health benefits and stability. Let’s get started for your overall health with 5 beginner asanas listed by Poonam Yadav, yoga, health and fitness expert and try to feel the magic of yoga and Get Rid of Leg Pain.
- Stand upright, focusing on a place in front of you for balance.
- Breathe in slowly and raise your left leg and place your right thigh, outside of the left knee.
- When you feel stable, release your hands.
- Inhale and slowly raise your hands above your head in prayer position.
- Hold the posture for a few seconds and then exhale and slowly return to normal.
Read More – Chest Exercises For Beginners
Benefits: This asana improves balance, concentration and stability in the legs. Builds confidence and respect. It is similar to mountain pose or tadasana.
Cat cow posture
- Start with your hands and knees on the floor. Make sure the knees are under your hips, wrists are below your shoulders.
- Inhale, raise your head so that you are looking up, keep your spine down so that it is a concave shape.
- Then exhale while keeping your head down, round your spine towards the ceiling, turn your back like a cat.
- Repeat 2-3 times and then return to the starting position.
Read More – Women Six-Pack At Home
It is stated in yoga, you are young as long as your spine is healthy, so you should practice this asana daily for complete spine health. It improves posture, stretches the neck and spine. Massaging the organs in the stomach also performs like kidney and adrenal glands. Relieves stress and calms the mind.
- Kneel so that your torso is off the floor as if you are standing on your knees.
- Place your hands behind your hips, fingers pointing downward as if you are supporting your back.
- Inhale slowly tilt the body above the waist, outward and upward. If possible, try to reach the ankles and allow the neck to fall backwards slowly.
- Hold for a few seconds and then exhale and gently pull the torso, straighten the neck and return to normal.
Benefits: Wonderful asana for thyroid, asthma, ovaries and other glands. Reduces fat on abdomen, thighs and arms. The perfect posture to release stress, anxiety and depression.
Read More – Exercises for Better Vision